Appointments Booking System
Appointments Booking System – making sure you have a choice
Each patient’s needs are different – you may need help and advice quickly or you may need help with a continuing problem. You may need to see a clinician or you may need to simply speak to one rather than waiting for an appointment and making a journey to the surgery.
Our aim is to ensure that you have access to the right person within a safe and reasonable period of time. In order to ensure this we use the following system:
You need to be seen or speak to a senior clinician on the same day:
- We accept same day requests from 8am each morning. Please ring as soon after 8am as possible as this gives us more time to plan your care for you
- We ask our Reception team to take your details and a brief description of your request. This is essential to ensure that you see the right person within a safe time period. Our professional staff will treat any conversation in the strictest confidence and giving us an idea of your problem really helps us to help you.
- You can also make your request in person by visiting the surgery as early as possible after 8am (8.15 am at our Moss Green site). Please remember that we do not offer a walk in service.
- You will be rung back by a senior clinician and your request will be assessed by them with you and a care plan made.
- We are not able to accept any same day requests once we reach capacity unless your need is medically urgent for that day. You may be asked to contact the surgery the following morning at 8am if your need is not urgent.
- If we are full, the senior clinician may advise that you attend a walk in centre or you may be offered an appointment at one of the GP Federation hubs located across the city.
- If you are acutely unwell and need help the same day, your request will be assessed according to the urgency by the senior clinicians who are on call.
You would like to pre-book an appointment or phone consultation for a future date:
- You can ring or visit the surgery to request a future appointment
- We ask our reception to team to take your details and a brief description of your request. This is essential to ensure that you see the right person within a safe period of time. All our staff will treat any conversation in the strictest confidence and giving an idea of your problem really helps us to help you.
- You will be asked to provide a contact phone number. Your request will be assessed by a senior clinician and the practice will contact you within 2 working days with your management plan
In summary, all requests for either an urgent or routine appointment/telephone consultation are triaged by our team of senior clinicians. If appropriate we may signpost you to other professionals such as a walk in centre, a pharmacist, a dentist, Healthy Minds, optician or the voluntary and community sector.
For more information regarding our appointment system, please click here to open our Appointment System Information leaflet.