Feeling unwell? - Services Available

There are alternatives to A & E

If you're feeling unwell and you need medical help, there are a range of services to choose from.  Choosing the right one will make sure that you get the treatment you need quickly.

  • Self-care

    For treatment of minor illnesses, by combining a well stocked medicine cabinet with plenty of rest.

  • NHS 111

    For any non-emergency urgent care or advice contact NHS 111 - Just dial 111 at anytime

  • Pharmacist

    For advice on common illnesses and the best medicines to treat them.

  • Your GP

    For medical advice, examinations and prescriptions for illnesses you just can't shake off.

    Moorcroft Surgery

    01782 281806 / 280600 / 202622

    Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm
    Thurs 8:00am - 1:00pm

    Moss Green Surgery

    01782 231303

    Monday to Friday 8:15am - 6:00pm

    What to do when you need help when the surgery is closed: 

    For life-threatening emergencies - such as loss of consciousness or heart attack, you are advised to dial 999 for immediate assistance. 

    NHS Stoke on Trent are responsible for commissioning your care when the Practice is closed. Iif you need help when the surgery is closed you can ring the nomral surgery number and listen to the recorded message which will give you the relevant numbers to ring. Alternatively you can ring 111 to be connected to NHS 111. 

  • NHS Walk-in Centre

    For treatment of minor injuries. You can phone the Haywood Walk-in Centre for advice on:

    01782 673500

    or call in without an appointment

    Hanley GP Led Health & Wellbeing Centre

    GP's and Nurse Practitioners there for health advice, health checks and treatment of illnesses and minor illnesses:

    0300 123 6759

  • Accident & Emergency

    Only use A & E for choking, chest pain, loss of consciousness, severe blood loss, broken bones, deep wounds, suspected stroke.

    A & E is a very busy department, and patients with minor illnesses can overload the department which can have severe consequences for patients who have any of the problems above.

Other Services

  • NHS Direct offers telephone advice from a skilled nurse 24 hours a day. 0845 4647
  • The Haywood Walk-In Centre is open 7:00am to 10:00pm weekdays and 9:00am to 10:00om weekends and bank holidays for treatment of minor injuries and illnesses. telephone 01782 581112.
  • Hanley Health & Wellbeing Centre is open 8:00am to 8:00pm each day. Telephone 0300 123 6759.
  • Midway Medical Walk-In Centre is open 8:00am to 8:00pm each day. Telephone 01782 663757.
Please use the local Accident and Emergency Unit ONLY if your injuries or illness cannot be safely treated by your local minor injuries centre.