Appointments booking system – making sure you have a choice
Each patient’s needs are different – you may need help and advice quickly or you may need help with a continuing problem. You may need to see a clinician or you may need to simply speak to one rather than waiting for an appointment and making a journey to the surgery.
Due to the impact of the Covid 19 pandemic, the way in which we provide care to you may be different, such as consulting by telephone or video call, however our aim remains to ensure that you have access to appropriate treatment, with the right person, within a safe and reasonable period of time.
In order to ensure this we use the following system:
- We accept requests from 8am each morning for both same day and pre- bookable consultation requests.
- Please ring as soon after 8am as possible as this gives us more time to plan your care for you.
- We ask our Reception team to take your details and a brief description of your request. This is essential to ensure that you see the right person within a safe time period and giving us an idea of your problem really helps us to help you.
- You can also make your request in person by visiting the surgery as early as possible after 8am (8.15am at our Moss Green site). Please remember that we do not offer a walk in service.
- You will be asked to provide a contact number by the Reception team as part of your request.
- You will be contacted by a senior clinician and a telephone or video consultation undertaken with you. Your request will be assessed by them with you and a care plan made, which may include guidance and treatment provided as part of the telephone consultation. Where appropriate, the clinician may request that you attend for a face to face consultation based on your health needs, either as a same day appointment or for a future date.
- We are not able to accept any same day requests once we reach capacity unless your need is medically urgent for that day. You may be asked to contact the surgery on another day if your need is not urgent or you may be offered an appointment at one of the GP Federation hubs located across the city dependant on availability.
- If you are acutely unwell and need help the same day, your request will be assessed according to the urgency by the senior clinicians who are on call.
- If appropriate we may signpost you to other health professionals such as a pharmacist, dentist, Healthy Minds, optician or the voluntary or community sector.
- Self certificate – Self certificates are available online for you to complete and send online at Employee’s statement of sickness to claim Statutory Sick Pay – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Fit notes – Fit notes can be requested via our online consultation service. Just click on the “Read more” link further down this page, click on the Online Consultations banner, select “Fit (Sick) notes” and follow the instructions to send your request. Further information about sick notes is available on Fit note – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Have you tried our online consultation facility?
You are able to gain advice and complete an online consultation form for a number of health conditions which are reviewed by our senior clinical team.